Chris Alders tells us how he got into Planning, what he learned from Martial Arts that is relevant to the job, and a bit about life in Dubai.
- Like many others Chris Alders discovered his passion for Planning during an internship. Listen to his inspiring story about his experiences at Body Glove, Harley Davidson and a smaller agency in Amsterdam.
- His personal passion is Martial Arts. He has distilled three learnings anyone can apply to planning too:
- Progression – Constantly learn and do the groundwork. Don’t just talk.
- Adaptation – When the learning curve flattens apply new topics to your usual pattern.
- Personal Toolbox – Extend your skills, have a core strength and complement it to become T-Shaped.
- His tip is to get a mentor, preferably more than one. From within the industry but even more importantly from outside.
“You are always a teacher and student at the same time.”
“Get a mentor, preferably more than one.”
Get in touch with Chris on Twitter: @ChrisAlders
The Planning Salon is running a Digital Strategy Bootcamp in NYC in August, for more information check out the page for more information.